The US during WW2 faced huge restrictions, great hardship and limited resources. Production restrictions were imposed to conserve precious materials that had a profound affect on denim production. Details were simplified and denim gradually became more utilitarian workwear.
The S409XXX is a WW2 model and showcases the simplicity of wartime production restrictions. This denim jean was produced for the general US population. One Piece of Rock have faithfully recreated this model, with all details synonymous with original WW2 models present throughout. Features include the button fly with laurel wreath top button and donut lower buttons, no rivet on the coin pocket, no bar tacking on back pockets, instead the hidden rivets on the back pockets feature a twin-prong copper-plated alloy. One of the main features of WW2 denim models was the uneven pocket position, a feature that has been reproduced with the S409XXX. A unique detail with this model is the selvedge seam not being fully open, so as to prioritise production speed as per WW2 models. This model is packed with a number of other details that make it really stand it out from other WW2 models.
As always, the fabric is One Piece of Rock's original selvedge fabric loomed in Okayama and is 13.5 oz. This fabric will achieve the true vintage colour fading and XX texture that is so sought after by denim purists.
- 100 % cotton
- 13.5 oz One Piece of Rock original selvedge fabric
- Button fly featuring laurel wreath top button and donut lower buttons
- No rivet on coin pocket
- No bar tacking on back pockets, instead a twin-prong copper-plated alloy is in place
- Uneven back pocket position
- Selvedge seam not fully open as per original production
- Overlocking the front fly with twin needles for quicker production
- Frayed edge on the inside of the fly, overlocking only on the upper part.
- Each piece is signed and dated with month and year of production
- Made in Japan
Have a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7580 6444.
UK & Ireland – £6 Next Day Delivery*
Europe & Rest of World
Shipping rates vary by zone and cart value.
•Free Tracked Standard Shipping: 7-13 business days
(Tracking available after being scanned at shipment hub)
•Express Courier (Air): 1-2 business days
All deliveries must be signed for as proof of receipt.
Goods are to be received back in store within 14 days of receiving your order.
For more information on returns please see Shipping & Returns.