Buzz Rickson's BR14130 L-2A Super Togs JacketClutch Cafe
The L-2a was the first variant of the L-2 flight jacket adopted by the U.S.A.F in 1947. These two jackets were almost identical save for the deep blue adopted by the Air Force from 1950-52 which was meant to separate the U.S.A.F from its original ties with the Army. This shade of blue was used across all flight clothing and uniforms; though from lessons learn in Korea the new colour gave little protection to camouflage downed pilots and in 1952 the L-2a was superseded by the much more common Sage-Green L-2b.
Buzz Rickson's have perfected their stitch-for-stitch reproductions of these iconic jackets, using the best components and materials (even custom manufacturing if necessary) to ensure absolute authenticity.
This jacket comes from their archives and is of an extremely rare, very early 'transitionary' run of L-2a flight jackets which includes the olive drab knits used on the previous L-2 iteration instead of the correct deep blue colour specified for this contract.
- Custom Woven Olive Drab Nylon Twill
- Custom Woven Nylon / Cotton Lining
- Correct 65% Nylon 35% Wool Double-Faced Lining
- Rare Olive Drab Custom Woven 100% Worsted Wool Knits
- Reproduction spring Loaded Crown Zipper
- Zipped Sleeve Pen Pocket
- Nylon HBT Oxygen Mask Tab
- Snap Closure Hand Warmer Pockets
- USAF Decal on Left Shoulder
- Made in Japan
UK & Ireland – £6
Europe – £15
Rest of World – £25
*All deliveries must be signed for as proof of receipt.